Admission to PhD-studies at the Department of Medical Sciences
Postgraduate studies are meant to be concluded with a licentiate degree or a PhD degree. At least 120 credits are required for a licentiate degree, corresponding to 2 years of study, and at least 240 credits for a PhD degree. Besides the actual thesis work, the graduate studies encompass also courses and other theoretical parts.
Routines for postgraduate studies at the Department
- Advertisment for new PhD-student positions
- Application for admission
- Reporting your research activity
- Uploading your courses to uppdok
- Yearly report of postgraduate studies, submitted to FUG after signing by both PhD-student and supervisors. The form should be completed each year, besides the year for part time control and licentiat seminar. Those who are accepted during the last quarter does not need to fill in the report.
Deadline each year is February 15. Doctoral students are also given an opportunity to have a conversation with a member of the FUG.
- When replacing the tutors, the addition or removal of supervisors, significantly changed research plan / schedule the revision of the individual study plan must be reported to FUG. Fill out the "change of supervisor Form" and submit revised documents.